Do you have an issue with the Bank?
- Take up with the bank in writing within 1 year.
- Await bank’s response till 30 days after the complaint.
- Approach the Banking Ombudsman’s office set-up by RBI it there is no/unsatisfactory response from your Bank.
- If a complaint is not settled by an agreement tried by the BO within a period of one month, the BO proceeds further to pass an award.
- If a complainant/bank is not satisfied with the BO’s award, appeal may be made to the appellate authority (Deputy Governor of RBI) within 45 days.
- The appeal may be accepted/rejected/modified/sent back to BO with appropriate directions for fresh disposal or pass any other order.